Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Richmond

I've been in Richmond since Thursday, occupying my aunt's lovely house while she's abroad.  You can't tell from the front, but this house is overflowing with art.  My aunt is my main art collecting idol, and being in her home is like being in candyland.  I love it.  I'm not alone, of course.
These dudes have been keeping me company.  I wish I had a better photo of Spencer (lower right), but he's distrustful of cameras.  I thought I'd be safe, as my little green box of an iphone in no way resembles a proper camera, but Spencer's no fool.  He knows the score.  Ergo, dark, under-a-tree photo.  Ah, well.  The rest of them are hams.  Here are a few other things I've been up to this week.


If you're ever in town, the photobooth is located in the New York Deli on Cary Street.  It's a proper black and white photochemical booth that the deli folks keep up themselves, and it's wonderful.  The food is great, too, so it's no hardship to spend an afternoon there.  The mask is a Yup'ik Smiling Face at the VMFA.  Their Pre-Columbian and Native American collections are small, but I'm a fan (clearly).

I've got a few more places on my list of things to check out, so expect more dispatches!  In the meantime, you can keep up with my Instagramming here, even if you don't have an iphone.  Not all of these are from Instagram (I'm a fan of TiltShift as a photo editor, too), but I'm sure I'll be posting photos one place or another.

No comments: